Happy New Year!
I am not really all that big on resolutions. Most of the time, we break them and give up, but I do like setting goals. The new year is a great time to reflect on what I’ve accomplished and what I’ve still got to do.
2015 brought many good things…
- I self-published the first three Maggie stories electronically and in print
- I sold a story to Mocha Memoirs Press for the Sherlock Holmes anthology
- My proposal was accepted for another project that I can’t talk about yet
- My editing business continued to grow, and I am now having to schedule new clients several months out in order to accommodate all of my existing clients
- I was accepted as an author/editor guest at ConCarolinas 2015, ConCarolinas 2016, and ConGregate 2016
- I posted twice monthly on Magical Words
- I edited/proofed for several other publishing projects, including Cinched, edited by John Hartness of Falstaff Books.
- I have an absolutely adorable nephew who turns one in just over two weeks
- My daughter is growing into a beautiful and smart young lady
- My husband self-published several short stories and a collection of movie reviews, for which I was able to help edit, format, and create cover art
- I have taught myself how to use Wordpress, Amazon KDP, CreateSpace, and a bit of PhotoShop
- I’ve read several new books on writing and editing
- I’ve been training at my teaching job to teach two new classes in the spring
I hope that 2016 brings as many good things as 2015 has. I have a few goals for 2016 as well.
- Publish more
- Write more
- Investigate establishing a small press (longtime goal, people…)
- Attend more conventions
- Continue progressing Clicking Keys
- Spend time with family and friends
- Live life as fully as I can
- Reach for the stars in all I do
- I want to learn more about PhotoShop, InDesign, and similar programs
- I want to read more non-fiction and more standalone fiction works
To achieve these things, I have to manage my time effectively, spend time with my fingers on the keyboard every day, and simply love life.
I wish you all a wonderful 2016 and thank you for joining me on this journey.