Do you want a free short story?
You know you do…
Look at the pretty cover.
Don’t you want to get your hands on an ePub or Mobi version of that bad boy?
Well, you can. And it’s free! All you have to do is sign up to get my newsletter. My newsletter goes out about once a month or if there’s special big news I’d like to share.
Subscribe to our mailing list
You can sign up by clicking this LINK.
The November edition (with the free short story!) goes out November 8
It’s Monday. That means another ConCarolinas is on the books, and I’m brain addled trying to mentally condense all the information that I collected during the past three days. (I love Evernote for that, by the way.)
So, here are some of my possibly not entirely coherent thoughts on the convention as a whole.
- It was hot! The A/C wasn’t working so we all melted into puddles of ink in the panel rooms and hallways.
- I got to hug so many people! (Hopefully none of them gave me the con crud.) I love hugs.
- There was an amazing panel on Writers and Mental Health that I was able to be a panelist on, and it’s one of the best panels I’ve ever done. I learned about SIG-E-CAPS from the wonderful Darin Kennedy. And I just want to thank John Hartness for putting the whole thing together.
- I love my tribe.
- Writers are wonderful and supportive people.
- Stuart Jaffe, John Hartness, Beth Revis, and Gail Martin are awesome at marketing. I learned soooo much from them.
- I learned about the importance of a newsletter / mailing list (coming soon!) for authors.
- I learned about Amazon Affiliate Links (also coming soon!)
- I am wonderfully blessed to be able to write and edit (check out my freelance editing site if you’ve not!)
- My parents are awesome for keeping my child while I attended the convention.
- Misty Massey is the writer wrangling extraordinaire.
- New friends quickly become great friends.
- We can give the middle finger to HB2 (there were Prince symbols on the bathroom doors – someone got a picture, right?) Faith Naff, I am SO PROUD of you.
- Leann Retell and Faith Hunter are two of the best friends a girl could ask for.
- Moderating isn’t as hard as I expected, but it’s super important to prepare.
- Nicole Kurtz, Alexandra Christian, Tally Johnson, and Susan Roddey are awesome crazy nuggets and I love them.
- Tamsin Silver is the sweetest New Yorker. She needs to move back to the south.
- I’m not good at minding a table!
- I AM SO LUCKY TO HAVE FOUND MY TRIBE.