I just wanted to share that I am going to be part of a multi-author book signing on April 15, 2017. We will be signing TWO of the anthologies I am in: An Improbable Truth and Curious Incidents. So, if you’re in the Charlotte, NC, area, please come out to Barnes and Noble in the Carolina Place Mall to see us!
Ladies and gentlemen,
I am pleased to announce that I will be one of the guest authors at the online event, Our Books Are Not Free. It’s a multi-day event, so I hope that you will pop in from time to time to read about all the different and wonderful authors in attendance. My specific time slot is Sunday, February 12 at 9:30 a.m. I’d be delighted if you’d come by and give my posts some “like” love and comment.
Here’s a link to the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/206705409792190/
It’s Monday. That means another ConCarolinas is on the books, and I’m brain addled trying to mentally condense all the information that I collected during the past three days. (I love Evernote for that, by the way.)
So, here are some of my possibly not entirely coherent thoughts on the convention as a whole.
- It was hot! The A/C wasn’t working so we all melted into puddles of ink in the panel rooms and hallways.
- I got to hug so many people! (Hopefully none of them gave me the con crud.) I love hugs.
- There was an amazing panel on Writers and Mental Health that I was able to be a panelist on, and it’s one of the best panels I’ve ever done. I learned about SIG-E-CAPS from the wonderful Darin Kennedy. And I just want to thank John Hartness for putting the whole thing together.
- I love my tribe.
- Writers are wonderful and supportive people.
- Stuart Jaffe, John Hartness, Beth Revis, and Gail Martin are awesome at marketing. I learned soooo much from them.
- I learned about the importance of a newsletter / mailing list (coming soon!) for authors.
- I learned about Amazon Affiliate Links (also coming soon!)
- I am wonderfully blessed to be able to write and edit (check out my freelance editing site if you’ve not!)
- My parents are awesome for keeping my child while I attended the convention.
- Misty Massey is the writer wrangling extraordinaire.
- New friends quickly become great friends.
- We can give the middle finger to HB2 (there were Prince symbols on the bathroom doors – someone got a picture, right?) Faith Naff, I am SO PROUD of you.
- Leann Retell and Faith Hunter are two of the best friends a girl could ask for.
- Moderating isn’t as hard as I expected, but it’s super important to prepare.
- Nicole Kurtz, Alexandra Christian, Tally Johnson, and Susan Roddey are awesome crazy nuggets and I love them.
- Tamsin Silver is the sweetest New Yorker. She needs to move back to the south.
- I’m not good at minding a table!
- I AM SO LUCKY TO HAVE FOUND MY TRIBE.